Delicious chicken soup for the soul, there’s nothing quite like a bowl of homemade chicken soup if you are feeling unwell or simply feel like some wholesome food. I found this fabulous Chicken noodle soup recipe that is so quick and easy and yet has the most amazing flavours. Its not only quick, easy to prepare and delicious its also a cheap meal to make.
Yields: 12 cups
Total Time: 43 min
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 28 min
- 2 carton(s) (26-ounce) reduced-sodium chicken stock or broth
- 2 cup(s) water
- 3 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 small parsnips, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 stalk(s) celery, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 1/2 cup(s) cooked, shredded chicken
- 1/2 pound(s) extra-wide egg noodles
- 2 tablespoon(s) minced parsley
- 2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- In a 5- to 6-quart soup pot, bring stock, water, carrots, parsnips, celery, and onion to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and noodles; cover pot and continue to simmer 7 minutes, or until noodles are just tender. Stir in parsley, salt, and pepper. Ladle into bowls.
Click here for other exciting recipes, hints and tips and interesting articles.